You can type here any text you want

Rear end girdle

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

eagleguy

I was considering replacing my rear end cover on my 86 T Type with an aluminum one. I see that TA Performance and others sell a girdle cover and an additional stud kit. Is there any real benefit to the girdle if I am not racing the car?

Any recommendations on a nice standard aluminum cover with drain plug?

Last edited:
I was considering replacing my rear end cover on my 86 T Type with an aluminum one. I see that TA Performance and others sell a girdle cover and an additional stud kit. Is there any real benefit to the girdle if I am not racing the car?
No

No but if you like the looks and want an aluminum cover why not. It's not prohibitively expensive. Just make sure you use a a sealer like ultra black RTV on the load bolts or they will seep fluid. Had to seal mine a year later because the seeping drove me crazy.

No trees were harmed in the sending of this message, however, a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

No but if you like the looks and want an aluminum cover why not. It's not prohibitively expensive. Just make sure you use a a sealer like ultra black RTV on the load bolts or they will seep fluid. Had to seal mine a year later because the seeping drove me crazy.

No trees were harmed in the sending of this message, however, a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Its 3X as much. $189 with the studs

Its 3X as much. $189 with the studs
I didn't buy the cap studs. I didn't know what a regular aluminum cover with drain costs. $150ish seemed aweful reaonable to me for what it was.

That might be just what I was looking for. Why did you switch from the girdle? Does it come with the bolts and gasket?

I changed it 'cause I liked the turbo 6 and Buick logo. I felt I didn't need the girdle, so I removed it and sold it for the price of the Buick cover. I believe it comes with bolts and gasket. Check with gbody parts to be sure.

I changed it 'cause I liked the turbo 6 and Buick logo. I felt I didn't need the girdle, so I removed it and sold it for the price of the Buick cover. I believe it comes with bolts and gasket. Check with gbody parts to be sure.
Thanks I thought for my purpose the girdle was overkill. I checked the gbody parts site but saw no contact number.

cover comes with gasket and bolts so I ordered it. any idea of the proper weight for the rear end fluid and how much? I intend to add the GM additive.

Back