You can type here any text you want

Rear end noise?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

cloneman315

I just finally bought my first gn and it seems like when i stop and start to make a sharp turn i hear like a faint clicking or ratcheting sound in the rear end,now i know the car has some minor mods and not sure if anything was done to the rear or not,so my ? is,could it be some type of locker rear etc?is it common with the stock rear?or is it possible the clutches etc are messed up,when you drive straight its fine,just when you stop and turn slow.

Drain and refresh the rear end oil and add the GM posi additive. PN 1052358

Attachments

• 1052358.gif
    1052358.gif
    20.1 KB · Views: 115
I have read many posts on this,so do you guys add the posi lube or wait and see if it makes a noise?is the noise hurting anything?is the lube making it a little more prone to slipping?

It's chattering becuase it needs the posi lube. Do as Chris suggested- gasket is preferred, but sealant works fine on a clean surface.

ok will do this weekend,so i read use 2 bottles of it?im guessing the dealer sells it ?I use mobile one in my syclone i was going to use it in the gn also,someone said that it has a bit of the posi lube in it already,So should i change to mobile one and see if it does it then add it if it does?or should i just add it to whats in there now if the oil seems clean

Use the appropriate amount of gear oil and then add the GM friction modifier.

well i must say i can not believe it but i wasnt even down my street and the noise is gone,what a difference thanks guys

Back