You can type here any text you want

Rear End Problems

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BRQuick

I have a stock 86 GN with 88,000 miles on it. I am having a very odd noise and feeling coming from the rear end. It feels like the rear end is trying to grab when I am backing up. Going forward everything seems to be fine. It makes a clucking sound on occasion and feels like the posi-trac is fouling up. Just wondering if anyone has run into this before and what might have been the problem.

happened to me - had to change rear -end oil - problem solved - change it every spring now.
Was your car sitting for a while?

go drive your car in figure 8's, not fast, just make 3-4 figure 8's to loosen up the clutches in the posi
unit,
and yes , add some additive.

I started to feel it awhile ago and remembered the additive trick. Had a 1980 Trans Am in high sshool that this happened to. So changed oil and added GM additive and it got a little better but I probably didn't put but 100 miles on it and yes now it has been put up for about 6 months or so. Thanks for the info and I will drain and refill with additive again and drive this weekend. It is a good time of the year to get it out. Plus it is cheaper than a rebuild.

Had the same issue with mine. I think it's a buildup of moisture that causes it.

Back