You can type here any text you want

rear main seal

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

workingdan

I have done a search for a thread on which way to install the rear main seal. I am putting my motor back togeather and cant remeber which way to install it. a pic would be great Thanks

seal

the very point or tip of lip faces toward the front of engine.

The ''garter spring" that keeps tension on the seal always goes towards the oil. :)

I would ask; rope or rubber; but it sounds like you’re using rubber. I’m sure the rubber companies are happy to sell them.

Install it so that the lip is pointing towards the inside of the engine; so that if you pushed on the lip from inside the engine; it would get tighter on the crank. If you install it so that the lip points to the outside; when you push from the inside of the engine to the outside; the seal would gap at the crank; and cause a leak. Sorry; don’t have a picture handy.

If you’re using rope; it will only go in one way. No chance of getting it backwards.

Good luck,

Joe

If you want some pics go to the bottom of the TA PERFORMANCE PARTS LIST,there you will find some usefull info..

Back