You can type here any text you want

Rear mount turbo C5 Z06 Vette runs 7.96 @170mph **Video**

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
That is fast and I give the guy credit, but on the other hand I have to ask why he built a rear mount for a purpose built race car?
Is he an STS dealer or something?

John Wilde said:
That is fast and I give the guy credit, but on the other hand I have to ask why he built a rear mount for a purpose built race car?
Is he an STS dealer or something?

John, I thought the same thing and then I read this thread on LS1tech~

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=518077

Sounds like because the car does not have a removable front clip getting the 106mm turbo to fit up front was a major PITA so that is why they decided to rear mount it... If you ask me he should've just sold his car and bought Taylor Lastor's Skinny Kid C5 :biggrin: Doesn't sound like money is much of an issue anyways so why not! :cool:

Leo at Neverlift did a lot of work on this car so I hear the dirt on it from Michael last week or so when they ran it. They were hoping to run drag radial but there is no way you could consider that stock suspension. Job Jr. is tuning the car as you already know.

John Wilde said:
Leo at Neverlift did a lot of work on this car so I hear the dirt on it from Michael last week or so when they ran it. They were hoping to run drag radial but there is no way you could consider that stock suspension. Job Jr. is tuning the car as you already know.

It is ashame it's not stock suspension cause it could probably be fairly competitive at some of the DR events..

Hi all. Luv the turbo buick but am currently a Vette owner. Good friends with Paul Major, the owner of the car and The Vette Doctors.

Thought I would sign on and answer a quesion on the suspension.
While not the stock Corvette IRS suspension it is a stock F-body torque arem suspension. Paul has already gotten the okay to be able to run in the NSCA Drag Radial class with the car.

In addition, The Vette Doctors will be debuting another Corvette with a very similar combination owned by Boweryboy but his will keep the full Corvette IRS suspension.

Both cars should be at the next Vette Doctors Pro 8 Shootout at Englishtown Oct 7. More info http://corvettechallenge.info/pro8.php

Thanks for the info. That is good to hear they will allow him to run in NSCA DR cause as I said the car should be competitive which is cool considering it has an LSx based motor... Should also be interesting to see how fast Boweryboy can run with the IRS Vette.. I know the Viper and Supra guys have been in the 7's with the IRS so it would be nice to see a Vette get there as well! :cool:

i think we will be seeing more and more rear mount 1/4 mile cars in the future, as when your already dealing with a t-brake and a 2 step, spoolup is a moot point anyway, also helps weight distribution and plumbing issues tremendously.
Gary

Back