Rear seat pan rust/rot advice 87 GN

TurboSkunk15

Finally had some time to take out the back seat and really look at the rot under my rear seat.
Looks like only one side is bad.
Its the corner near the door but that's it. The rest is pretty solid I'm pretty can get away with sanding the surface rust and coating it with por15. I need a passenger side floor board as well but that is available.

my question do I just weld in sheet metal as a patch ? Or should I cut out a whole passenger side rear seat pan?

Thnx in advance

My front driver side floor was pretty bad. So I replace it. The rest of my floor had service rust. So I got by w/ cleaning & using POR15. It worked out great! I also Dynamated as well.

Didn't know that was made for our cars that's def an option thnx for sharing that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That pan in the eBay link doesn't include the rear seat pan. I bought the exact one and it stops at the vertical front part of rear seat. I looked around like crazy and ended up finding someone with a GN they were scrapping that he cut out for me.

That's what I thought Ty fur clearing it up . How was the quality ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Search the pdf. Junkyard Donor list - I believe Monte & Cutlass floor pans fit. They look the same so maybe you can find one or one that has been cut already. They occasionally show up on Craigslist.

The fit of mine was pretty much perfect. Believe it or not it, the part number was listed under el camino, cutlass, regal, monte and I think that's it. I actually bought it off Craigslist from a kid with a mid 80s el camino that bought it from summit and never used it

Thanks
she's under a foot of snow or I'd have better shots. Still have a spot under the seat. Once the weather clears up I'm going to re access the rot. It's not too big so I'm contemplating just cutting it out and patching it like the rear instead of a full floor pan , Stupid t tops there's no rot anywhere else on the car.

Finally had some time to take out the back seat and really look at the rot under my rear seat.
Looks like only one side is bad.
Its the corner near the door but that's it. The rest is pretty solid I'm pretty can get away with sanding the surface rust and coating it with por15. I need a passenger side floor board as well but that is available.

my question do I just weld in sheet metal as a patch ? Or should I cut out a whole passenger side rear seat pan?

Thnx in advance

you don't have to replace the hole pan just replace what you need ,just get rid of the cancer keep as much as the original floor as possible it all depends on the extent of the job if it is a small little patch you can butt fit it meaning you can cut a small patch to fit in that precise hole but if it is a large piece of the floor I would recommend to do a 1 inch overlap considering all the curves in the floor and at the same time it would make that big area more stronger considering you would be welding both side of the big floor piece

Hey guys,I live in MA,I have a hole floor pan.i cut a couple of front pieces out of it.it is new .pick up only. A.j.

Thanks
she's under a foot of snow or I'd have better shots. Still have a spot under the seat. Once the weather clears up I'm going to re access the rot. It's not too big so I'm contemplating just cutting it out and patching it like the rear instead of a full floor pan , Stupid t tops there's no rot anywhere else on the car.

(y)

Looks good. Sounds like you are relatively lucky - at least compared to a couple of T-top cars I've seen here in WI. Yea damn T tops & salt on the roads. Hang in there - days are getting longer Ikeep telling myself.

you don't have to replace the hole pan just replace what you need ,just get rid of the cancer keep as much as the original floor as possible it all depends on the extent of the job if it is a small little patch you can butt fit it meaning you can cut a small patch to fit in that precise hole but if it is a large piece of the floor I would recommend to do a 1 inch overlap considering all the curves in the floor and at the same time it would make that big area more stronger considering you would be welding both side of the big floor piece
Yeah I think that's my best bet. Thnx for the advice.

(y)

Looks good. Sounds like you are relatively lucky - at least compared to a couple of T-top cars I've seen here in WI. Yea damn T tops & salt on the roads. Hang in there - days are getting longer Ikeep telling myself.
Thnx ,
was just in Wisconsin to the see the jets play the packers (the timeout game I'm a giant fan) Stayed in Milwaukee really enjoyed the trip. Great state. Best stadium I've seen so far.