You can type here any text you want

rear spoiler

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

IWANTONE

I recently acquired a 1989 TTA with only 35k on it. Car has some performance upgrades (larger turbo, chip, etc, etc) and runs good. However, it has the common rear spoiler crack and needs a new one.

What are my options? It seems that everyone thinks fiberglass replacement is the way to go. Where is the best place to get one for a reasonable price? Also, is it possible to order one already painted?

Thanks everyone,

R

I just ordered one from www.hawksthirdgenparts.com I haven't gotten the chance to get it painted yet but I have heard a lot of good reviews about the spoiler. I haven't heard of any places that sell the spoiler already painted. In fact I wouldn't suggest buying one already painted due to the age of the paint on the car. In order for it to truely look right the spoiler paint should be matched to the actual car not to the paint code in my opinion. I have heard a lot of good reviews about the Hawks spoiler from people on www.thirdgen.org I'll post up my review of the spoiler whenever it gets painted, I'm going out today to get quotes.

If you do a search you will see this as one of the most commonly asked questions. I have not seen/heard of one pre-painted but as mentioned you would not want it pre-painted anyway since your original paint has most likely faded.

I got my spoiler from ramairhood.com. It appears to be excellent fit and quality. They all need a little work and touch-up during install anyway.

Either way, guy from a place that someone has recently dealt with, has a quality product and is reliable. These things are not cheap!

Tta Spoiler

From Their Site, It Doesn't Look Like Ramairhood.com Makes An Exact Direct Replacement Rear Spoiler.

Also, My Car Has Be Re-painted, And Even Touch-up Paint From Pep Boys Is An Exact Match.

Thanks For Replies Though.

You are right, it appears they are trying to use the next gen one?

Go with the other one then!

Any additional sources out there?

Lets post a complete list of current sources....I'll summarize the results and post it on the TTA FAQ List.

lee

For anyone that goes to the TA NATs in Dayton, OH.

Buy the hood from Hawks then, its only $300 and no shipping charges.

I was goign to buy mine on Sun last year but they already left, I had to make sure it would fit in myfriends car sat nite lol

later
Jeremy

Back