Rear suspension

SS/GN

I am posting here as these cars are the baddest at the track.What rear susoension set ups are you guys using in TSM.I am looking at building another drag only GN/T-type car.I am thinking of a high 9 to low 10 car to run at our local track. I realize it is better to do it right the first time.Thanks in advance .

Currently TSM requires stock style suspension. No coil overs allowed as of yet, the frame can be notched but not mini tubbed, and only minor fender well mods.

H&R sway bar and adjustable upper and lower control arms are pretty standard. Other than that its stock. Most guys are in the mid 1.3 60' times with these mods.

Suspension

What brands work well if you still want to street drive.I see BMR,UMI.HR are all eurothane and the Wolf,TRZ and Ice man are heims.Any pro /cons on the two types,or are their others.I also see the lift bar style but they don't seem as popular today.Is the atr style factory mounting point bar any good or are you best to go with a HR or BMR true anti-roll bar.Do you still need air bags with any of these.Thanks for the input,I really appreciate it.

HR bar drives great on the street. It also works pretty well at the track with a ten inch wide tire. Makes the car nice and tame for my wife.

HR bar, upper adjustable control arms, and lower control arms is working really well for us. It definately works. Photo from two weeeks ago at Cordova on an easy launch:D . My wife is so gentle on her car;)

Attachments

• HR_bar.jpg
    HR_bar.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 228
I run complete TRZ upper and lower double adjustable control arms in rear with the TRZ anti-roll kit. QA1 shocks and bone stock 1983 rear springs. Frame is notched with 15 X 10 rear pro stars with 5.5" BS and 28 X 10.5 MT ET Drag stiffwall slicks. 1.33 60 so far with room for improvement.

Attachments

• 9-24-08 002.jpg
    9-24-08 002.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 200
Now thats funny

HR bar drives great on the street. It also works pretty well at the track with a ten inch wide tire. Makes the car nice and tame for my wife.

HR bar, upper adjustable control arms, and lower control arms is working really well for us. It definately works. Photo from two weeeks ago at Cordova on an easy launch:D . My wife is so gentle on her car;)

Your wife eh.Well my wife has put fear into more than 1 new style vette with my GN.My daughter s drive junior dragsters,and my oldest one is looking to step up this year poss to a buick.I like the tsm ,however their is not alot of events up here.Where are the tsm rules?Thanks for the input.

If you want a complete package. Call Paul at HR. He has been a tremendous help to many of the top TSM racers. His parts are also top notch!

If you want a complete package. Call Paul at HR. He has been a tremendous help to many of the top TSM racers. His parts are also top notch!

This is absolutely true. Paul and Dave have answered several questions for me. I am very pleased to have these components on the car. These parts definately work.

Tsm

Thanks for the link.Did the other classes ever get off the ground.I like the class with stock intercooler and stock turbo.I am in research mode,as I have at least a year to find a new race class.Jason White I sent you a PM on the other board in regards to your car then I found it on here.Nice ride.My daughter wants to know if you would take her 8 sec junior dragster on trade.LOLThanks for all the info this is a great board of knowledge.Kevin