You can type here any text you want

rear sway bar mounts?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

j13smiley

ok... so i'm down under the car today cleaning rockers and stuff. noticed both ends of my rear sway bar are unbolted. looks like the one bolt snapped from rust right above the sway bar in the middle of that long bolt. the other is missing the bolt in the bottom so i'm not sure if it snapped off and fell out or what. how hard is it going to be to find new bolts and bushing for that?

passenger side...
100_0413.jpg

driver side....
100_0414.jpg

the firebird manual lists it as the "optional rear stabilizer bar"... but doesn't list part number for the bolt and associated nutz, washers, bushing... whatever else is on that thing.

anyone got any ideas on replacing those parts?

j13smiley,

1st of course is to try the auto parts stores, the stuff you need shouldn't be that hard to find. If for some reason you can't get thu stuff there, leave the bushing in and find a truck parts supply of a hardware store that sells grade 8 fasteners. I would think that the auto parts stores would have a selection of grade 8 stuff also. You might have to pay a buck or so a piece for the bolts and pennies for the nuts and washers. It shouldn't be a big deal. :smile:

The end links shouldnt be hard to find at all.You may need to measure the spacer so you get the correct one though.

Back