You can type here any text you want

Rear Upper & Lower Control Arms

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Pretty hard to go wrong here, Brian at GBodyParts, Mike & Marianne Licht at Full Throttle Speed & Style (FTS&S), Paul Ferry at HRParts&Stuff, Kirban Performance & UMI all have some very outstanding buys on all of their suspension components. Plan ahead on these items & verify that you have a means of getting at the Zirk fittings to grease/lube them as necessary for the ones that require it. HTH

Are you drag racing the car ? do you have any experience with suspension angles? takes a lot of experience to set up a rear end and make it work. i helped my buddy with his nmca street car and just the slightest change makes a big differance. IM building a street car and for 242.00 i bought the umi upper and lower non adjustable arms.they are a great product for that price. if you plan on getting every last bit of traction possible get adjustables. but for that price most other brands your getting just uppers or lowers. not both. they look real nice .to bad they go under the car:biggrin: most people i see on this site use good arms a good sway bar and the famous air bag. and i do see alot of umi arms out there. good luck to you.

Ok, I can't say what is best for your needs, but I went with fully adjustable BMR uppers with good spherical rod ends at the frame side, and factory rubber at the rear, and Global West lowers with the spherical rod ends on the front side and Del-A-Lum bushings at the rear. Not for the faint of checkbook. About $320 or so for each set. Adjustable uppers are nice, but probably not necessary for your needs, unless you want to impress your suspension shop. If I was to set up another turbo brick suspension, I would do the same all over again. HTH

I'm going to do some racing, I was thinking of using the non-adjustable ones.

Tim

I have the UMI tubular lowers, and stock uppers with poly bushings. The uppers don't flex as much because they are shorter. The only real reason I got the lowers was because the ATR bar would fold the unboxed stockers in half.

Melissa's car has UMI non adjustable upper and lowers .. street and drag racing .. She has done 1.4 short times with M/T drag radials :cool:

short and sweet

Melissa's car has UMI non adjustable upper and lowers .. street and drag racing .. She has done 1.4 short times with M/T drag radials :cool:

That's what I'm talking about... stated product and what it's done!!! For handling, would those control arms be an advantage over stock (sometimes what's good for straight-line isn't so much for handling)?

thanks

Back