You can type here any text you want

Rear wheel width?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ttafan

Does anyone know the width of the stock TTA wheel? I'm Buying some drag radials and I'm wondering if 225/50 16's will work. I have 255's on there now and don't like the doughnut look. Hoosier says a 225/50 drag radial will fit a 7.0" to 9.0" wide wheel. Anyone run this size tire? There doesn't seem to be an in-between size. :confused:

The wheel is 8" wide. I would suggest going with the Nitto ro M/T drag radials. I haven't really heard anything about the Hoosier DRs yet, but I have heard nothing but good reviews of the M/T and I believe both come in like a 245/50/16. I don't quite understand what you mean by a doughnut tire look with a 255, the 225 is going to have a smaller tread width so it's gunna look pretty small. Heck my Mazda 626 has like 205/55/16. If you're wanting to stick to a street legal Hoosier tire I would go with the Quick Time Pros. I have heard a lot of good things about them and I believe it's the 26x9.5x16 will fit on the TTAs without any modifications and on the stock wheels. The QTPs are the Hoosier equivalent of an ET Street, it's DOT legal but FAR from a tire to regularly drive on.

ttafan said:
Does anyone know the width of the stock TTA wheel? I'm Buying some drag radials and I'm wondering if 225/50 16's will work. I have 255's on there now and don't like the doughnut look. Hoosier says a 225/50 drag radial will fit a 7.0" to 9.0" wide wheel. Anyone run this size tire? There doesn't seem to be an in-between size. :confused:
I agree with 72firebird. Any smaller than 245 and it will look like your running pizza cutters. The MT DR's come in 255/50/16.

Jason

Here's the tire that I'm suggesting to run http://store.summitracing.com/partd...921520+4294793322+4294854873+115&autoview=sku They're a little bit cheaper, and they're gunna hook a lot harder. I wouldn't suggest using a Drag radial even if you're ugnna be daily driving or you're going to be in the rain at all. They may claim that they do alright in the rain but if you hit some standing water or even just accelerate just a little too much you're gunna be all over the place. That's why I suggest the QTP since they're legal to drive on the street and since you shouldn't be in the rain anyways (since you're looking a DRs I'm assuming you're not going to be using the tire in the rain) you're going to get a much better hooking tire at a cheaper price. I would suggest just getting a junk set of wheels to mount the QTPs to and have regular radials on your nicer wheels for your normal driving.

Back