You can type here any text you want

Rearend question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

godwingn87

Today I was trying to change the oil in the rear and when I tried to take the nut out of the side to refill, it stripped out on me..... Is there any way to get it out now? Do they make a plug for the back cover I can purchase? Either way, I got to get my car back on the road.... Any info at this point would be helpful....

not sure about this
did you try an extention bar with no socket 3/8s inch to get it out?

Check the vendors pages.(GBody parts.com) TA sells a new cover with fill port and drain. It's expensive though. I hate to steer you to ebay but you will prob save money there.

Today I was trying to change the oil in the rear and when I tried to take the nut out of the side to refill, it stripped out on me..... Is there any way to get it out now? Do they make a plug for the back cover I can purchase? Either way, I got to get my car back on the road.... Any info at this point would be helpful....

:eek: Have you tried screwing it back in by hand, then back out slowly? I sure hope you get that out sh!t. Use a tap after with grease so the shavings won't enter the rearend. I wish you luck.

Thanks for the info fellas..... I was able to get the bolt out using this set of bolt outs.. http://s7.sears.com/is/image/Sears/00952061000 I got these for X-mas 2 years ago and its the first time I have ever used them... I hit it on with a hammer , put a socket on and turned out with my impact....
I consider myself lucky on this one.... :smile:

Back