You can type here any text you want

Rebuild finished, no start! HELP!

• Thread starter Thread starter 4cd-Air
  • Start date Start date

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

4cd-Air

Ok, as I expected, we are at the diagnosis portion of the rebuild. It's together and in, but it won't start. There is spark, there is fuel, and air.

The symptoms:

:Turns over fine, no fire
:Backfire through the intake (hot air through the throttle body, like the intake valve is open when spark occurs)
: Boost guages read spikes of pressure of 10-15 lbs (from the backfire, and the MAP?)

All in all, the engine sounds like it always did when it trys to turn over. When it reads boost, the engine bogs. I hope this is electronic and the cam isn't off. Help me guys, I'm almost ready to take it to a shop and tell them to fix it.

Shane

Steve,
really dumb question which groove do you set the crank sensor. the upper most or lower most. thanks

Sounds like the Cam Sensor is 180 out or off all together . I had the same problem . Try setting the cam sensor on the other stroke .You have a 50-50 chance

That is not a dumb question....I have to look everytime! :)

it goes thru the rearmost slot...rear meaning the end opposite of the connector. (I consider the connector side to be "front")

I have been told by one mechanic on here that it makes no difference but none of my cars will run that way and you can figure out how I know that..LOL

I was having the same problem as you about two months ago, set the cam sensor and it fired right up. I went from:confused: to :D !!

Well, it wasn't the crank or cam sensor. I took it to a shop I trust for the fine tuning. I'll try to let you guys know what it was.
Shane

Back