You can type here any text you want

Red Armstrong 93 chip

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

86TType

Slick 86 T-type
Is red armstrong 93 chip a good chip...I have a buddy that says its not a good one so if not what should i go with?

I took the Red Armstrong 93 chip out of my car recently, I had it in the car for about 7 years, I switched to a more modern 93 turbotweak chip and the car never idled and ran so good, big improvement.

it is a good safe chip, not the fastest but no knock on good gas, idles nice in my car, much better than stock, but i have an old hypertech that is .2 faster.

turbojd said:
I took the Red Armstrong 93 chip out of my car recently, I had it in the car for about 7 years, I switched to a more modern...

7 years is a long time for the same chip. Even Red's chips have changed for the better since then, I guess you could say more modern as well.

I personally use Red's chips in all our cars. One difference compared to many others is that I do alot of tuning on the cars for drivability 1st, performance 2nd. If there is something I think can be improved on in the chip I talk to Red about it, and then we make the appropriate changes.

I see plenty of people who aren't happy with any given chip the 1st time just scrap it and move onto another "brand name" chip. A quality chip burner with good customer service will work with you to get it right for each individual car and combination.

K.

Armstrong chips

86TType said:
Is red armstrong 93 chip a good chip...I have a buddy that says its not a good one so if not what should i go with?

Armstrong chips are OK for simple upgrade, but most GN owners don't realize
the extender chips have alot more versatility than most on the market today.
it gives the user the ability to add or remove fuel, advance and retard spark.
it is even better to use with the translator pro, [great with speed density]
no more MAF sensors to deal with.

GNX026 said:
Armstrong chips are OK for simple upgrade,...

Again, how can you say that?? Or for that matter how can you say that about any chip other than the extender chip?? Would you say a 9-sec. or 10-sec. car is a "simple upgrade" combination?? Because there are plenty of Armstrong chips running those times, as well as other guys chips also.

The extender chips do give the user/owner "on-the-fly" ability to make changes.

K.

86TType said:

In my opinion, either call up Red Armstrong (440)235-3232 and talk with him about your cars combination and the chip you currently have (He'll need the chip#), or call one of the other chip burners mentioned here on this board and discuss the same things with them.

From that point make a "relationship" with that chip burner, stick with him/her to make any changes needed to fine tune the car, and you will most likely have a positive outcome.

K.

chip

I picked up 5/10 in the 1/8 with Red's 93 chip over stock chip. The stock chip was quicker than a Kenne Belle chip I had. It is important that any chip is burned for ur combo.
I have had good results with Reds chips but am looking to a Trans+ and Extender Extreme.

Back