Red's dual fuel pumps question

michael evans

My car came with a red's dual pump system on it and it quit. As far as I can tell the relay failed.

Does the engine run only off one pump and when it reaches a certain boost, then the second pump come on line ?

It has a pressure switch that powers or increases power to the pump (s)

Does the $69.95 racetonic hot wire kit do the same thing ?

On my log on my XFI, it is showing a loss in fuel pressure as the run continues. It increases one to one but falls off only a few pounds during the run.

There’s a hobbs switch that should be behind the alternator that’s Teed into the vacuum line in that location. Its the same pressure switch Red used on his volt boosters. It turns the second pump on at 10lbs of boost. There should also be a 20 amp fuse in that wire for the auxiliary pump.
I would hope that whoever put the double pumper in your car would have also put a hotwire on your primary pump.

Last edited:
The front part is working as I have put in an inductor light on the Hobbs switch ( it lights up).
One time it would not start so I got to looking and discovered that there was not any fuel pressure at start up.
I unplugged the kit (just the factory plugs are used) and it started right up.

Is Red’s kit still able to be bought or do I need to get a Racetronic kit ?

I would hope that whoever put the double pumper in your car would have also put a hotwire on your primary pump.

By looking at the relay in the back, it looks to be a hot wire kit also.

I have to get under the car and follow the wires

Other options besides that cheap racetronix unit.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Puts the racetronix one to shame.
947099abab7d0dffeaf2c61aee33d248.jpg
cf9e04c26b3d4bc4219a7422eac0c95d.jpg
5a27d60c4946863e96a5ee908561faf4.jpg
0f0739a6460bcb0bbf016c49715d8e16.jpg
7ebea70920885a56c364461a2fa09f90.jpg
bab3d7f2490de03a0b080b4fd961dede.jpg

Do like.

Will also might fix another issue that I have (fuel gauge). I do not know how the fuel pumps I have were installed but my fuel gauge is off a little.

Do like.

Will also might fix another issue that I have (fuel gauge). I do not know how the fuel pumps I have were installed but my fuel gauge is off a little.

From day one with my digital dash I could go 87 mi. on the first gallon. The rest were never quite that good.

Cheap?? You seriously need to stop that. I am running that system for years with no issues, and my car is faster than a good majority of cars on here and have not taped out this system yet. If I haven't maxed it out, then 90.% of the people on here have nothing to worry about. I normally don't get involved in threads like this, but your comments are taking things too far and it's bullshit. You gotta stop the witch hunt and let vendors products stand on their own merit. If you don't like the company, don't use their products. This is my best friends company your bashing and you don't see me ever doing what you do on here to any other vendor that is a competitor on here, because there is no reason for it. There's enough room in the sand box for everyone to play and coexist. Options are a good thing for everyone. Every vendor deserves to eat.

Cheap?? You seriously need to stop that. I am running that system for years with no issues, and my car is faster than a good majority of cars on here and have not taped out this system yet. If I haven't maxed it out, then 90.% of the people on here have nothing to worry about. I normally don't get involved in threads like this, but your comments are taking things too far and it's bullshit. You gotta stop the witch hunt and let vendors products stand on their own merit. If you don't like the company, don't use their products. This is my best friends company your bashing and you don't see me ever doing what you do on here to any other vendor that is a competitor on here, because there is no reason for it. There's enough room in the sand box for everyone to play and coexist. Options are a good thing for everyone. Every vendor deserves to eat.
Not bashing racetronix at all. I've used them for a very long time. They make some killer stuff but that hanger is not as good as it could be. If they made the hanger I'm sure it would be a killer piece but it looks to be China made. Also the wiring and using that yellow bulk connector with those small pins has been cover. I say cheap because I know it could be better. Anyways just stating other options out there with better quality and 100 percent made in the USA. Can you get away with either sure. Same thing with the China gas tanks.

again not bashing racetronix

Not bashing racetronix at all. I've used them for a very long time. They make some killer stuff but that hanger is not as good as it could be. If they made the hanger I'm sure it would be a killer piece but it looks to be China made. Also the wiring and using that yellow bulk connector with those small pins has been cover. I say cheap because I know it could be better. Anyways just stating other options out there with better quality and 100npercent ade in the USA. Can you get away with either sure. Same thing with the China gas tanks.

Lol, right...... Not bashing. I just happen to have product pictures at my disposal too. Lol , classic... Chinese garbage, USA made, come on man,

Not bashing racetronix at all. I've used them for a very long time. They make some killer stuff but that hanger is not as good as it could be. If they made the hanger I'm sure it would be a killer piece but it looks to be China made. Also the wiring and using that yellow bulk connector with those small pins has been cover. I say cheap because I know it could be better. Anyways just stating other options out there with better quality and 100npercent ade in the USA. Can you get away with either sure. Same thing with the China gas tanks.

Lol, right...... Not bashing. I just happen to have product pictures at my disposal too. Lol , classic... Chinese garbage, USA made, come on man,
I'll PM you..

I will offer this to guys out there. There is nothing cheap about the Racetronix double pumper. Jack at Racetronix might be a good buddy of mine, but that wouldn't justify me using a cheap product on a car that I have invested my left testicle into. The mere notion that I would is ridiculous, if anything that would put a rift in our friendship. I have taken this system to 154mph in a heavy car with a 68% duty cycle years ago when I was making far less power than I am now. The fact that I have not seen any limitations in this system imo speaks volumes, and the beauty of it is it is just as streetable as the stock system. It can go on a 12 second car to a mid to low 8 second car with the same reliability and comfort. No down sides to investing in it. And just a little food for thought. Jack has a electrical engineering degree and worked with Motorola back in the 80's, so to suggest that his system is less than adequate from the stock unit is ridiculous. Every aspect of this wiring harness was inspected and tested a thousand times over before it ever became a product that he sells. Buy with confidence if that is a choice your willing to entertain.