regal doors

gnkid1987

ok i put a driverside regal door on my gn and fit awsome i just got the car back from paint and the belt moldings that go aginst the outside of the window dont line up with the holes at all and the door handle dosent fit (the piece that holds the rod) hits the bottom of the opening. the passanger is orignal and every thing fit perfect i was wondering if anyone else had any problems like that.?

thanks

side seal weatherstrips

If that door you've replaced came off a Regal LTD (with the wide chrome moulding instead of the thin black trim that the GN's and T-Types use) the holes may be in different places on the inside of the doorframe. Just had this happen in reverse...LTD side seal weatherstrips (with the wide chrome) showed up for an 87 T and the holes for mounting were way off! Was out of the shop when this occured, but as soon as the owner mentioned "chrome", I knew something was wrong! Not sure what the problem with the door handle is, but hope this helps with the side window trim.

Door woes

Got thinking about this while I was airbrushing a Peterbilt today...think the problem with the door handle is you're probably trying to put it in "straight"; and the swingarm that the rod attaches to is hitting the lower edge of the opening. It's a tight fit at the best of times, but what's worked for me (many times) has been to raise the door handle so it's almost level with the top of the door and then "swing" it in (from a 90 degree angle) wiggling it all the way. It sure won't go in as easy as it came out! Don't hook up the rod before installing the handle, this will limit your range of motion. Use the largest part of the opening to get the swingarm thru the opening and then put the handle into proper position.

thanks guys i got the door handle on i just had to force it in a little. i was nervous with the new paint and i drilled new holes