Regal GS purchase?

nvrsatfd

Southeast Member
Hey guy's. I am a turbo regal fan, had a couple of these cars, had to sell the last one when I purchased my house. Now that things are back in order, I am going to buy a nice TR again. But I am also looking for a GS for a sporty family vehicle. I am wondering which year models were the best as far as hp, options, etc. Like the TR's the 1987 is the best year to buy as stock. Are there any of these in the GS's? Any info would be appreciated. And also, what mods can be done to these cars?

hey thanks jason. this will be helpful. i didn't know if there was anything good or bad to know about any certain years. any info is helpful as i will be buying one soon. thanks again
steve

One thing to look for Steve is the performance shift button.
I am not sure which years they came on, but some years skipped that option.

Also, if you don't want to blow money on a CAI or a have to relocate the coolant bottle go for a 99 and newer. the stock airbox can be gutted and ther is really no need for an after market CAI. The 97.5 to 98 have major restrictions and you would have to either make a CAI or buy one.

Just for reference, so far I have:
Bought a used 3.4 pulley $40.00
New Gator Back S/C Belt 34.00
Auto lite 104' plugs 9.00
180 Drilled T-Stat 4.00
Turbo Muffler 17.00
Home made poly mounts Free
Gutted Airbox/paperfilter free

PB is 13.8 at 99.94 MPh in the 1/4

www.fastbluto.com

Good luck. Have fun.
-Carl

BTW,
Jason that car is sick:eek:

Thanks Bluto for that info. I am currently looking at an '01 with good miles and totaly stock. It is silver and grey. We are negotiating today. thanks again. Steve

There's nothing better than knowing that once you get out of your daily driver Buick GS that you've got another Buick in the garage to drive!!!

You'll absolutely love the GS for it's comfortable ride, smooth handling, great stereo system and that supercharged Buick power.

Let us know how the car is once you've got it.