You can type here any text you want

Regals are lighter

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

VKREGAL

I have an 84 NA regal. The car weighs 3,149 lbs. A turbo motor in a regal should run faster than a gn as long as you have the gn tranny and rear.

weight

I have an 84 NA regal. The car weighs 3,149 lbs. A turbo motor in a regal should run faster than a gn as long as you have the gn tranny and rear.

Gn's are regals. T types are regals. Gnx's are regals. 86 gn's had alluminum bumper supports. 87 gn's had steel. The steel was substantially heavier. The fact that a gn came with a 29.5 lb steel wheel per corner added weight. The T wheels were roughly 10 lbs lighter per wheel and alluminum. T types/ Turbo T regals did not come with spoilers which adds weight. WH1 designer not included as they came with spoilers. Only regal that did outside of the gn. Outside of that options played a roll. My 87 Turbo T was a factory lightweight car. No power options, roll up windows, manual locks, etc. That is the biggest factor in weight. Even with all that they are still land yachts.

weight

I know that the rear axle and suspension on a turbo car is much heavier than a N/A regal. I've moved them by hand and there is a big difference. It's a much better piece though.

regals

I know that the rear axle and suspension on a turbo car is much heavier than a N/A regal. I've moved them by hand and there is a big difference. It's a much better piece though.

turbo car had 10 bolt 8.5. Some were posi some were open dif.
n/a cars I think had a smaller 7.5 open dif unit.

Back