You can type here any text you want

Relocating the alky nozzle?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

davidf

I'm installing a Precision front mount and was wondering. Instead of drilling into the aluminum up pipe would it work better if I tapped directly in the back of the doghouse for a cleaner look? Thank you.

I think you would get a more even alcohol delivery before the throttle body. Julio will chime in here and give a more professional opinion.

Too bad you couldn’t put it in the TB NOS use to make a TB for the L98 cars that had a nozzle built in it would be nice if we could do the same for Alky. seems like I remember someone on here having it hidden maybe in the engine pics thread if I remember right they even moved the vacuum block so it was o longer seen.

I'm installing a Precision front mount and was wondering. Instead of drilling into the aluminum up pipe would it work better if I tapped directly in the back of the doghouse for a cleaner look? Thank you.

I would think that locating the "alky" injector in the doghouse would not let each cylinder to get an equal amount of methenol. This would not give equal protection to each cylinder from detonation. Good idea you have but unfortunately the wheel has already been invented in this area. Now if you had a methenol injector in each intake port of the intake, that would be different.............but alot more complicated with tuning and setup. :biggrin:

I once seen a NOS setup with the Nozzles mounted on the underside of the intake so each cylinder had its own. I tried to find the pick it was on thirdgen.org but I can’t find it now. It was a cool set up only one line going in to the back side of the intake.

I run six nozzles under my plenum. One of tha advantages of installing it in the up pipe is that it will tend to flow more into the cylinders that get more air, and run leaner. I have had issues with other cars where the front cylinders run leaner after installing alky. We tend to blow head gaskets more in the front cylinders than the rear with alky.

Here are pictures of my alky nozzles:

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/turbo-lounge/192814-alcoholic-twins-turbos.html

Back