You can type here any text you want

Remanufactured Engine?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TomG

Thinking ablout buying a remanufactured engine (long block). The local Advanced Auto parts has one from Spartan for $1665.00 + exchange. Has anyone heard of Spartan Engines? Any experiances to share?

Thanks,

Tom

Thinking ablout buying a remanufactured engine (long block). The local Advanced Auto parts has one from Spartan for $1665.00 + exchange. Has anyone heard of Spartan Engines? Any experiances to share?

Thanks,

Tom

A reman Turbo 3.8, or a something else?

If it's from a mainstream parts store, it will be (re)made in Mexico. It will run under normal duty, but probably have problems down the line in a high-perf application. The attention to detail in those remans isn't exactly good. I have a reman 350 in one of my cars, and while it does have 4 bolt mains and a steel crank, they used pushrods of differing lengths and just ground the ends flat to make them the same. I didn't pull the heads to see whatever horrors lay within. It made it past the warranty period, but I haven't hammered on it, either.

Turbo 3.8. They list as using 109 block and for turbo applications.

dont bother do a search this topic has been discussed before see what you come up with if i remember in the post some one opened one up their junk dont waste your time or money look for one someone is selling running or has had rebuilt or rebuild the one you got good luck

Back