Remember our guys on the ground...

87NAT

In Between GN's
Dont forget the meaning of this day...Memorial Day. We get caught up in racing our cars, doing mods, etc... We all must realize that it is just a hunk of metal from Detroit. The bigger picture in Life is always more important. Without all of the men and women who have served and are serving right now we would not be tuning our TR's right now.

Please dont make this a political thread. This is just a reminder of fellow Americans who answered the call.

Thanks to all of our troops. God Bless.

I said my prayes to all that served and the ones that are serving now. God bless them all!!! God , Guns & Guts is what made this country Lets NOT FORGET IT !!!!!

Hey Mike, the guy in that video looked like your relative,,,,,

GOD SPEED to all Vets!

Vets are the only reason we are not welding turrets to the
tops of our cars...:eek:

If you are reading this correctly thank a teacher.
If you are reading this in english thank a vet.

AMEN!!!!!!!!!

Couldn't agree more......NEVER FORGET!

My weekend

I figured I'd share a personal story with the board.... I flew up to Pennsy this weekend to bury my Grandfather. He was born in 1921, saw the depression, WWII, had combat jumps into Normandy and Holland, raised 4 successful children, had 5 Grandchildren, survived multiple heart attacks and somehow outlived his wife by 15 years. Anyway, he passed last February, I happened to be out doing a Jump on Sicily drop zone when he died (go figure). He wanted to be cremated, the family decided to bury his ashes next to my Grandmother this past Saturday. It was a beautiful day, about 50 people attended and the VFW had their color guard there. I wore my Class A's to send the old Paratroop off and to honor a fellow Veteran. It was a really nice Memorial service; taps got me a little bit chocked up, but all in all very positive experience. Makes me proud to be a Veteran and I feel privileged to have known my Grandfather for 35 years... :)

Sorry for your loss but what a send off......

And Taps is the saddest most heart felt thing there is.

Not to get off topic, but I've read the book detailing Marcus Litrell's story and it's a good book. I read the entire book in one sitting, took me a couple hours, but I literally couldn't put the book down.

Sorry for your loss but what a send off......

And Taps is the saddest most heart felt thing there is.

Yeah it is, especially if you've ever done any honor gaurd duty and had to hand folded flags off to crying mothers and wives. Also riding home in the back of a transport with the coffins of fallen comrades doesnt help either....I hear taps at my house because it is right next to base and I still get choked up a little now and then just sitting at the house and hearing.