Remote power steering reservoir

jfsram

I am looking for the bracket for the remote reservoir and the reservoir for my 1987 GN.

What other years have this set up?

Interested in buying.

Mark has a reservoir kit if you’re looking for aftermarket.

Contact Boost231 on here for a factory looking aluminum reservoir. Available in polished aluminum or black powder coated. Several years ago the black one was $265 shipped, probably more now.
FB_IMG_1623277821691.jpeg

IMG_5180.jpeg

Stay away from the $125.00 plastic "replacement" ones! They are made in 2 pieces and "glue sealed" together at the "snap together" joint. Mine cost $129.00 and the P/S fluid softened the glue or whatever clear (silicone?) sealant used in about 3 months. It leaks. BADLY! The warrenty is only 30 DAYS! Not quite long enough for the sealant to soften! The small particle magnet is also glued inside with a black, apparently silicone type adhesive too. I discovered it and the glob of sealant was laying loose in the bottom unattached after the outside leaked.
Calling the vendor wasted 15 minutes of my time (he acted like he had heard this before) and suggested that I just purchase another one!
My cheap solution was to buy a Speedmaster (Procomp) universal GM remote resevoir (about 50 bucks) and change the bung to the proper size of the feed hose, and reinstall the return barb at the angle of the original plastic one.
The return (small) barb needs to be angled like the original so as to swirl the returned fluid, rather than shoot it straight up towards the cap. The Speedmaster unit has a coarse screen to disburse the return stream, but a quick test in my parts washer showed that wasn't sufficient in my opinion.
Buy the correct size aluminum hose barb online, and take it and the old plastic resevoir to someone with a heliarc. It took me about an hour to modify mine.
I modified the mounting bracket as shown to clear my cruise control hold down strap, and drilled 2 holes in the bracket to accept self tapping screws.
TIMINATOR

Attachments

• 20240401_120403.jpg
    20240401_120403.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 25
I’ve got a nice black powder coated factory PS reservoir bracket & a generic GM PS reservoir available
Will post pics