You can type here any text you want

Repainting the Simmons!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

davidf

I've been tossing the idea of having the wheels professionally painted black. I can't seem to find hardly any pics of black simmons. Was this not a common color for them? I have GNX flares so I'd love some black centers. If anyone can dig up some pics it would be greatly appreciated.:cool:

:eek: Dont touch them Dave!!!!!!! I think some came with black centers, but I would leave yours alone.

If you ever decide to do something, don't have them painted, but rather have them powdercoated. It gives a much more durable finish and looks great!

Claude. :)

I dunno, I think that the shape and coolness of these wheels will kinda get washed out. I never really liked black wheels on a black car. I think there needs to be some contrast. Besides, you have three different shades of black going on, the car, the wheels and the tires. A nice gunmetal finish sure would look killer though.

I dunno, I think that the shape and coolness of these wheels will kinda get washed out. I never really liked black wheels on a black car. I think there needs to be some contrast. Besides, you have three different shades of black going on, the car, the wheels and the tires. A nice gunmetal finish sure would look killer though.
agreed, they will lose their "personality" (best word i can think of) and look kinda generic imo. I have some TT2s we can trade for if you want to paint some spokes black haha :biggrin:

Gunmetal never crossed my mine.:confused: I may need some photochopping soon.:biggrin:

Dave here are some gunmetal rims that I put on my Nissan. Their not Simmons :mad:, but it can give you an idea on how they would look.

Attachments

• Gbody 011.jpg
    Gbody 011.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 189
  • Gbody 010.jpg
    Gbody 010.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 184
Oh those will look great on the Nissan.;)

And they do :biggrin:, a big upgrade from the gay stock wheels. But as soon as I put them on I said " Shoulda got the 18's":rolleyes:. FYI they are sportmaxx xxr's and they make them in black too. If you want i'll trade you straight up for the simmons :p, I'll even pay shipping :D.

And they do :biggrin:, a big upgrade from the gay stock wheels. But as soon as I put them on I said " Shoulda got the 18's":rolleyes:. FYI they are sportmaxx xxr's and they make them in black too. If you want i'll trade you straight up for the simmons :p, I'll even pay shipping :D.
I checked, shipping is 3 grand.:biggrin:LOL

Back