You can type here any text you want

replace front rotors and wheel bearings

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87GNcospg

Send your Donations
i am replacing the front rotors and apparently the wheel bearings. ive never done this before. ive only done normla stuff such as replacing pads.
how mcuh time should i allow for this and how do i install the bearings?
write ups would be helpful unless it is pretty mcuh self explained by taking the wheel off and looking at it. :cool:

This stuff is easy, dont let it get you. If everything is ok, the bearings shoul slide off the spindal. If you are getting new rotors do not use the race inside of them. They are there for machining purposes only. But as far as time i would say give yourself 2 hours if you dod not know too much what you are doing.

so the bearings dont need to be pressed in a special way or anything?

nope they just sit inside the rotor and will come out very easily

just get new bearings and pack them with a quality synthetic wheel bearing grease... oh and wear gloves it will get quite nasty most of the time!

My new rotors (Brembo) came with bearing races in them, and they were pressed in. They did NOT want to come out. I asked around, and was told to use the races that came with the rotors, so I did, and they seem to work fine. Certainly made changing the rotors easier and quicker!

Ormand said:
My new rotors (Brembo) came with bearing races in them, and they were pressed in. They did NOT want to come out. I asked around, and was told to use the races that came with the rotors, so I did, and they seem to work fine. Certainly made changing the rotors easier and quicker!

i did the same.

Back