You can type here any text you want

Replacement Door Speakers??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NASSTY

I'm upgrading my stereo in the GN and I'm looking for door speakers that can handle more thump than the old Concert Sound2 speakers.Is there a decent speaker that can be used as a direct replacement for the Concert Sound2 door speaker?Without modifying my door panels or CS2 speaker covers.Theres not much room there to go bigger.Thanks for any info you can share.

I am sure that there are speakers out there that will fit fine. You would either have to measure the current setup to see how much depth there is, or find someone who has done it. When you go to look for speakers, keep in mind the room you have. If you measure from the bottom of the frame (at the top where the surround connects) then you will look at "top mount" depth.

From crutchfield.com's website, their EZ fit 5.25"s have 2" of top mount depth or less. So assuming their measurements are correct, anything with a top mount depth of 2" or less should fit fine, as long as they are 5.25"s. Most will have a much better "thump" than stock speakers.

Back