Replacement fuel tank - question

aquickv6

Does anyone have any experience with a replacement fuel tank?

Are the aftermarket tanks good quality, with the proper baffels etc?

What is a good manufacture and where can I purchase one?

Thanks!

I bought a SPECTRA tank from Gyrhead and Sons, it has the correct baffles and filler necks for you car and the price isnt two bad being new.

Here is the part#GM307C

Hope this helps,

Mark

I bought the Spectra Premium replacement my stock tank was mint but when I replaced the fuel pump. I found some leaks where water had been sitting between the rubber isolators and the tank itself. I wa pissed had to install it a second time

I bought the Spectra also, no problems so far, my bafflesn are shorter then factory so it slashes at a 1/4 tank, but I think I read on here that they updated it since then. Mine was only $112

+1, i have the 'older' version with the dog dish but same part number. Works fine for me. Just throw a couple coats of paint or whatever on it and it will last you. Don't forget the new straps as well. Mine were garbage and had to be cut off and the bolts grinded out... Nothing like using a high speed cut off tool next to a 1/4 full rusted old gas tank... :)

Spectra Premium

So, the older Spectra Premium GM 307C tanks had the small "dog dish" style baffle and the newer Spectra tanks (same part #) have the taller correct Turbo Buick style baffles. Is this correct? :confused:

Thanks to all for the information.

That's pretty much what i've gathered from the last couple of these threads. I bought mine in early May last year and from what I could see through the fuel hanger hole it wasn't much more than a "dogdish". Other people have said that they have also bought the GM307C and it has a "baffle"...Maybe others can post purchase dates? Either way, I've stomped on it with about a quarter tank in it and have never seen the fuel pressure even blip at all.

HTH