You can type here any text you want

Replacing brake lines

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

buddy

So last year I purchased a set of stainless brake lines from kirban. I installed all of them except the full length from proportioning valve to center of axle. I kind of looked at it every month and assumed it was pretty much impossible. The full length line sat in a box forever. Last week I install a lift and decided I should man up and give it a try. So after about 40 minutes and some war wounds brake line is in and I feel like a super hero. God, I love lifts!!!!!!!!!!
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 126
So last year I purchased a set of stainless brake lines from kirban. I installed all of them except the full length from proportioning valve to center of axle. I kind of looked at it every month and assumed it was pretty much impossible. The full length line sat in a box forever. Last week I install a lift and decided I should man up and give it a try. So after about 40 minutes and some war wounds brake line is in and I feel like a super hero. God, I love lifts!!!!!!!!!!
View attachment 241102
I just broke the long line at the rear end 90* trying to remove the old flex line. Looks like I'm gonna have to call classic tube. Could you explain a little more about getting it in? There are a whole lot of things in the way did you have to bend it around at all? Thanks

-G

Sent from my Spaceship.

I just broke the long line at the rear end 90* trying to remove the old flex line. Looks like I'm gonna have to call classic tube. Could you explain a little more about getting it in? There are a whole lot of things in the way did you have to bend it around at all? Thanks

-G

Sent from my Spaceship.
The further you are off the ground, the better. I bent all my own stainless brake lines on my back in the cold and on blacktop that more resembles gravel. So it's not impossible. But you need the room to maneuver and twist without kinking the crap out of everything.

The further you are off the ground, the better. I bent all my own stainless brake lines on my back in the cold and on blacktop that more resembles gravel. So it's not impossible. But you need the room to maneuver and twist without kinking the crap out of everything.
Understood, thanks for the input!

Sent from my Spaceship.

-G

Sent from my Spaceship.
Do you have a lift?

Back