You can type here any text you want

Replacing the 2 bushings on the rear end

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ttypewhite

I was under the car this weekend installing my HR bar that I have had in my basement for the last 2 years and notice that the bushings in the 2 upper ears of the rear end look all dry rotted. This is a street car first and foremost that frequents the track maybe once a year. I don't want anything that would make my car ride like a tank. Is there something inbetween both worlds that would give me a good balance? Let me know what would work best. This is for a stock rear end.

When I replaced my upper arms with HR's, I went with HR's poly bushings for the differential ears.They have grease fittings installed and I'm very happy with them. The bushings are press fit into the ears. I used a bolt with large socket with washers and a nut to pull the old ones out and reversed it to install the new ones.

Looking Good Mike! (y)
Let me know if you need the HR bushing removal tool for the pumpkin.
I know a guy who has one and would lend it to ya! ;)

I was under the car this weekend installing my HR bar that I have had in my basement for the last 2 years and notice that the bushings in the 2 upper ears of the rear end look all dry rotted. This is a street car first and foremost that frequents the track maybe once a year. I don't want anything that would make my car ride like a tank. Is there something inbetween both worlds that would give me a good balance? Let me know what would work best. This is for a stock rear end.
This is as good as it gets. The inside of a Johnny Joint is poly and it has a great amount of articulation. You'll never have to replace these.

http://scandc.com/new/node/816

Back