Replacing The Side Opera Window's Trim

jj86gn

Does anybody know if GM still makes the trim that goes around the side opera windows and what the cost is? If not, is there a good company that makes a repro that won't rape us on the price.

I was looking at the GN today and realized that the trim look pretty beat up. Possibly from being repainted and not covered.

Anyways, I know it's held in with 5 speed nuts on the inside. But how would I reseal this area and with what once the trim is replaced. Any help would be grateful.:)

Trim is a rubber pice molded to the window. I don't think they come apart and replaceable. Best bet is to find some used ones from Brian Weaver or Mike McCoy.
The glue is some nasty, sticky crap!!:eek: Try a windshield r&r place for what to seal them back in with.
HTH, CaptRob

From GM the metal molding and the rubber trim were part of the window assembly, but they are discontinued. I think with a litlle bit of luck the metal molding does pull out of the rubber. Maybe you could repaint them with some blackout trim paint or maybe someone can powder coat or maybe even black chrome plate them. The finish wont look stock but would probally last a lifetime. There was a post from last month and one of the guys suggested a product for resealing glass but I couldn't find it. You want to use a urethane based sealer.

Its called strip caulk, get the 3/8 in.size at any good auto paint supplier. Tarey D.

Thanks guys,
I'd like to keep it as original as possible. How about pulling to chrome trim out. Would that work or would there be a big gaping hole in the trim. I looked at the GN side opera trim and it seem that there is a small space.

Could it be GM just removed the chrome piece for the GN and T-types with Blackout package????:confused:

Can anybody shed some light???

trim

Don't understand, you have chrome trim around your window, on a GN. I have chrome around my lLimited. The trim comes apart from the window rubber quite easily, just a mess with all the goo holding the rubber for sealing. If I not mistaken the trim for any black out regal looks different for a chrome Regal but you can swap them. Call BWeaver or M Mccoy.

John

JFH,
I don't have chrome on the GN. What I was saying is the GN trim has what looks like a gap where the chrome is suppose to be. Maybe this was factory or maybe someone replaced the trim.

I'm starting to have concerns about this car. I didn't get a car fax when I bought it and somethings are not jiving with the car!!! I place the VIN in the other section, I hope someone Car Faxes me so I can tell if I have been taken.

If I have, it's Louisville Slugger time!!!!!!

side window trim

jj86gn

Here's a picture of the side window with trim from a GN
e-bay Item # 2402664083

John