You can type here any text you want

replicas zr-1 rims

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Buick T

I'm curious if replicas zr1 rims will fit under my grandnational..the backs will be 17x11 dont know the back spacing......and fronts is 17x9..............

thanks

I'm pretty sure "Project TNX" here on the board is running ZR1 wheels. They look bad ass, too.

louverupdate.jpg

That's the only pic I can find at the moment.

I'm curious if replicas zr1 rims will fit under my grandnational..the backs will be 17x11 dont know the back spacing......and fronts is 17x9..............

thanks

T,

You'll need to minitub the rear to get those to sit under the car, and you'll need to se a billet spacer to alter the backspacing to your needs. Rolling the lip is probably on the must do....

Guys have run 11" wide without minitub but the tires sit at the edge of the fender, or just outside.... not my personal choice to do it.

PM TurboV6... he may be able to enlighten you on the minitub process and the wheel fitment... :biggrin:

TurboTnZ06 has the 17x8 on his car he has a pick of them posted on the rim pics sticky last page.

zr1 replicas

HI85WH1....
shoots i was hoping the rims would fit with out to much mod....and if it stuck out a little bit i'll just compensate it with GNX fender flares darn if i'm going to have to do mini tub this darn wheels might be for sale in a week or so....:eek::eek:

681tonburb....
Thanks for helpful info. I'm hoping this rims will fit without to much mods.

you can do it with out amini tub just use wider spacers you could always sell the 2 fronts you have now and get a set of the front 17x8 from SLP then you would only have to run spacers on the back or get a set of 4 of the 17x8 fronts and and then sell a set on the board one with 17x9 rears this way you would also be able to play around with what we works best for you in the rear 17x9 or 17x11.

you can do it with out amini tub just use wider spacers you could always sell the 2 fronts you have now and get a set of the front 17x8 from SLP then you would only have to run spacers on the back or get a set of 4 of the 17x8 fronts and and then sell a set on the board one with 17x9 rears this way you would also be able to play around with what we works best for you in the rear 17x9 or 17x11.

Please show me pics of a regal with 17x11's UNDER the car without a minitub :)

You can get them under the fenderwells but not cleanly under the car where you utilize full suspension travel.

The only car I have seen with 315/35 17s is minitubbed and sits right... not chicken-assed.... car is minitubbed and the outer lips are trimmed/rolled.

zr1 rims

black monte........is those rims 17x9 all the way around? or is those the 17x9 front and 17x11 backs ? and if they are, whats the back spacing size and where did you go to get it????

theres are the rims i wanna mount on my car.

Attachments

• covette 153.jpg
    covette 153.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 518
black monte........is those rims 17x9 all the way around? or is those the 17x9 front and 17x11 backs ? and if they are, whats the back spacing size and where did you go to get it????

theres are the rims i wanna mount on my car.

Not my car, but I think they are 17x8 all around?

Please show me pics of a regal with 17x11's UNDER the car without a minitub :)

You can get them under the fenderwells but not cleanly under the car where you utilize full suspension travel.

The only car I have seen with 315/35 17s is minitubbed and sits right... not chicken-assed.... car is minitubbed and the outer lips are trimmed/rolled.

here

Here's Your 2010 Preview! - TurboBuicks.com

The rears are 17x11 (maybe 11.5) and the fronts are 17x9.5"; tires are 315/35R17 Nitto NT05R Drag Radials and BFG KDW 275/40R17 respectively. The car does not, and WILL NOT, have its frame notched. The rear wheel well lips will have to be rolled/flared out about 1/2" to comfortably fit the tires without the risk of slicing the sidewalls (current issue given the fact they were previously cut out). I will also be obtaining the longest wheels studs money can buy and running between 1/4" and 5/8" hub-centric spacers to make up for the offset in the rearend/body on frame. I have to test the suspension articulation to see what it needs.

The OP in that thread says 2 things, that the rear lip is rolled/flared, and that he had to cut out the inner fronts to make the 275s fit. I'd like to see more of the actual surgery.

Also take note that the car is missing the wheel trim. (so probably NO lip remains.)

More information would make this more useful.... Actual wheel width (he refers to 2 sizes, 11 and 11.5, backspacing(Should be between 4.75 and 5.00 inches), etc.

The OP in that thread says 2 things, that the rear lip is rolled/flared, and that he had to cut out the inner fronts to make the 275s fit. I'd like to see more of the actual surgery.

Also take note that the car is missing the wheel trim. (so probably NO lip remains.)

More information would make this more useful.... Actual wheel width (he refers to 2 sizes, 11 and 11.5, backspacing(Should be between 4.75 and 5.00 inches), etc.

why dont you ask him..hes on both of these sites. i dont know about the cutting..since he said flair/roll the lips.

the wheel moldings have never been on the car..

pic%20004.jpg

The 17x8 SLP 82-92 Fbody ZR1 replicas barely fit my GN with 275 50 17 M&H drag radials. Even those should use a tiny spacer to make them centered in the wheel well. Same wheels on my T with the ATR dual 3 inch exhaust they require a spacer to keep from hitting the tail pipes. 245 45 17 out back fit fine though no problem.

why dont you ask him..hes on both of these sites. i dont know about the cutting..since he said flair/roll the lips.

the wheel moldings have never been on the car..

pic%20004.jpg

I asked on the other site. Just grabbing and quoting someones post without knowledge of the actual work is pointless IMHO.

I currently run 16x8 Boyds on my car with 245/255s staggered, and the drivers rear tire just nicks the wheel trim under full compression of the rear suspension.

I have more room behind the current combo, and I believe a 9.5" will fit with a 275 with minimal trimming (if at all) if the wheel has the correct backspace.

Wheels

Hey guys im pretty new with this. I want to know what is the wheel spacing for our gns. Trying to buy some rims for my car online. What would be the biggest and widest rim i can fit without getting running into problems. Thanks

Hey guys im pretty new with this. I want to know what is the wheel spacing for our gns. Trying to buy some rims for my car online. What would be the biggest and widest rim i can fit without getting running into problems. Thanks

There is a sticky where wheel size and backspacing is diuscussed. keep in mind that the G-body chassis and body do not sit centered from the factory.

Read the sticky for more confusion.:p

Back