Reproduction GNX rear cover

Joe 1320

Torqueus Maximus
I've got a reproduction differential cover without the provision for the torque arm, I must have purchased it 12-15 years ago. Does anyone have any idea who has this part anymore? It's nearly identical to the factory cover except sans torque arm mount.

Thanks!

Joe

hello people; I don't know who has them now but I was looking at an old Kirban catalog and he did sell them. So give him a try. Is it for sale?
IBBY

hello people; I don't know who has them now but I was looking at an old Kirban catalog and he did sell them. So give him a try. Is it for sale?
IBBY

No way brother..... I'm in the hunt for another one for a friend. :biggrin:

hello people; Speaking of rear end covers. I use to have a 69 olds and olds had an option of a comeplete rear end all made of aluminum. It is called the w-27 option and I never had it but I had the cover. It was cast with the w-27 in the cover and it was finned for cooling and I always wondered if it would fit the Buick?
just a thought
what I did was paint up the one on the Buick with por-15 and with the chrome bolts it's holding up pretty good. And with my new crossfow exhaust it looks pretty good. I got rid of the two hanging muffs you use to see with the old exhaust.
IBBY

GNX rear end cover for GN

I have one of these rear end covers. It was made by Kirban years ago, I bought his last one. It is in mint condition and just used on a show car.
500.00 plus shipping

I have one of these rear end covers. It was made by Kirban years ago, I bought his last one. It is in mint condition and just used on a show car.
500.00 plus shipping

I'll pass the info along, can't say if he will be interested at that price though.

500.00 plus shipping

It is a super-Rare part. Looking for anything in trade ??

I've got a reproduction differential cover without the provision for the torque arm, I must have purchased it 12-15 years ago. Does anyone have any idea who has this part anymore? It's nearly identical to the factory cover except sans torque arm mount.

Thanks!

Joe

I have that cover on my car. I bought it brand new from Kirban a long time ago (not sure how many years though...) and I think he was the only one who ever sold them. I know he (Kirban) doesn't sells them anymore as I have a friend here locally who called him to buy one and was told they were discontinued...I think he made a few without the "gnX" logo on it for a while because of some copyright problems with GM about the logo, but he stopped selling them now, probably because of the lack of demand. Too bad as they're nice...I just did not think someone would be greedy enough to ask $500. for one though! :eek::rolleyes:...'cmon...Is that the way Buick enthusiasts help each others?

Claude.

You should research prices before posting comments

I purchased this cover about 2-3 years ago for a show car FROM Kirban for the sum of 500.00 plus shipping. You can call his office to confirm this, as I dealt directly with him. So how am I being GREEDY? I guess I am just not as much of a Buick enthusiass like you.

I wish I could remember how much I paid, but it wasn't cheap. That was so long ago.......

So how am I being GREEDY? I guess I am just not as much of a Buick enthusiass like you.

"enthusiass"...that's a good one!...:biggrin:...but you're still G-R-E-E-D-Y, Mr. "JamestownGNASS" !...<-- that's a joke!...:biggrin:...Funny isn't it!...:biggrin:

Have a good day,

Claude :wink:

P.S: Seriously guys, I looked all over for the invoice about how much I paid for the axle cover but didn't find it, but I remember I did not pay $500...It was more like $275- $300 approximately...

HaHa

I was wondering if you would pick that out.......:biggrin:
I thought that was very creative on my part. About the cover, I do not really care if I sell it or not. It will sit with all the other parts. I just figured if someone really wanted it I would sell it for what I paid. And yes I too am a Buick Enthusiass.:tongue:

P.S: Seriously guys, I looked all over for the invoice about how much I paid for the axle cover but didn't find it, but I remember I did not pay $500...It was more like $275- $300 approximately...

I seem to remember something like that too. As thrifty as I can be, doubtful I would have paid more than that back in the day.

hello people; That cover is real nice and if I had the car to match the pc. I would probably go for it. I still have to do alot to the car and I hope my interest lasts to do everything. That's why it sat for a while as my brain wonders.
IBBY

Gnx cover

I bought one from kirban about three years ago and I paid around 150.00 to 200 I still have the book of kirban when they were available at that time. I tried to order another one but they were no longer available.... they said the same thing something about GM policy. Maybe 500.00 if it was new in the box, but once it's installed is considered used I think 350.00 is what you may get for it.