You can type here any text you want

results after removing lowering springs

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jetmech

I removed my hotchkis lowering springs and installed the stock rear springs. We went racing yesterday and was rewarded w/ a 1.48 60ft off footbrake and i believe a better 60ft but the timeslip booth had no timeslip for my run, lauched off the t-brake and pulled the left front off a few inches and ran a best of 11.38 at 118 mph.:biggrin:
Bottom line if your looking for good 60fts and have stiff suspension it may not happen.

JETMECH! Whats going on man, I do some work out in manteno (for the railroad) but personally I moved to new lenox. It has been while since I talked with ya. I don't think those Hotchkis springs are progressive rate, so I wouldnt expect them to be good for launching. I am running the Eibachs (which ARE progressive rate) and did some reading a while back and I believe there are a few guys on here with some decent 60ft times with those. Food for thought if you like the lowered look. Stock GN springs are just too high for me.

Scott

I think my stock 120k mile springs sit as low as the hotchkis springs i put in but i dont drive on the street much and need the air bags for racing anyway. i will probably sell the springs. Thanks, are you keeping the gn or were you just selling parts earlier. See ya.

I think my stock 120k mile springs sit as low as the hotchkis springs i put in but i dont drive on the street much and need the air bags for racing anyway. i will probably sell the springs. Thanks, are you keeping the gn or were you just selling parts earlier. See ya.

Selling parts to start an 87 project. I will be working at manteno through wednesday. :D

where do you do railroad work here in manteno. Normal track maintenance or something else.

I work in communications. We are rarely on the tracks. But we are installing a Hot Bearing detector right on the tracks along rt. 50 there just as you get outta peotone.

Back