You can type here any text you want

Reverse light issue

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

1984 t-type

Murphy's Law
My reverse lights are acting strange at first they were on in park but not in reverse and now they only pop on between park and reverse while switching gears, by time the shifter makes it to lock into reverse they are off. How do I correct this ? Few weeks ago they worked fine.

The way these cars act it could be you need a new air filter;).But , and this is a wild guess from someone who doesn't know squat, it sounds like a loose wire.

I think you have to adjust the white thing on the lower(near the floor), top part of the steering column

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

Ok so I've noticed that I can just slide the white piece side to side it doesn't lock into place, is this normal or is it broken ? When I say it doesn't lock into place I mean within its self, it's physically locked onto the column. As for now I have it back working right.

When my back up lights were out of sinc, lighting when I was in other than reverse, I adjusted the linkage rod under the car that goes from the trans shift linkage up to the steering column.

Ok so I've noticed that I can just slide the white piece side to side it doesn't lock into place, is this normal or is it broken ? When I say it doesn't lock into place I mean within its self, it's physically locked onto the column. As for now I have it back working right.

It should click as the switch is adjusted. If it just moves freely then it is broken.

RemoveBeforeFlight

Back