Reynolds Race 2009

I've heard that the race is not goin to happen this year would like an official word ,because there are openings left for nov. Myself and others would like to try and keep it goin, if the gsca doesn't,so pls. some one speak up .:(

Hopefully this is just a rumor.

Thanxs Randy

I hope this is not true. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Toni and I can't wait to attend this event again. We had alot of fun last year.

Why would it not be an event this year:confused:

I agree, I was shooting to unveil the new ride at that race this year.

Looks as tho the 11/21 date is a "Muscle car-evolution" event. [Special events calendar]
I don't see a date reserved for the usual race.
Maybe, a call to Ed Swearingen @ SD, or to Richard L. would clear things up.

I guess most have over looked this right posted above "2009"..

"Please keep in mind that these events are subject to change. Many more are coming and changes will be posted as soon as possible."

With the confliction between Halloween and the corvette meet I think they held off to see what dates we would like.

Scot W.

As long as we are discussing events, does anybody have a list of events and dates for the points series, or is there one posted somewhere else?

Reynolds must happen or does everyone "up north" think that all the southern guys should boot the expense for traveling around the country to attend events?

Heres a thought, If it cant happen at Reynolds because of schedule, lets move it to Hattiesburg, MS.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reynolds must happen or does everyone "up north" think that all the southern guys should boot the expense for traveling around the country to attend events?

Heres a thought, If it cant happen at Reynolds because of schedule, lets move it to Hattiesburg, MS.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats my rant for today.

I personally like the Reynolds race. I also Miss the old Bradenton event. :frown:

I personally like the Reynolds race. I also Miss the old Bradenton event. :frown:

Hey Scott I was goin schedule at silver dollar raceway and they are usuallly pretty quick to get a date because this is last leg of tsm series.Sean this event is control by GSCA base out of GA. and I've heard wouldn't go on this Yr. from a few people. Adam that have to wait on all events to posted before they make a schedule.

Lastly I just won't to know because i would love to see this event happen ,if gsca has drop the event fine no biggie . Myself and others would still like to make this happen,but we need official word ,so we don't step on any toes.

Sincerely Randy Alexander

I really want to attend this event this year. I am positive my new trans will hold up to the punishment.

Lastly I just won't to know because i would love to see this event happen ,if gsca has drop the event fine no biggie.

Sincerely Randy Alexander

I disagree, not having this event is a big disappointment. I am really looking forward to attending this event:mad:
having this event somewhere else would not be the same. Not having it all would really stink.

Guy's I just talked to Jim Carswell and he will be calling me back in an hour to fill me in on the details of Reynolds. As soon as I hear back from him I will let everyone know the outcome.

Scot W.

Don't get your panties in a wad just yet. There are some things in the works about still having it at Reynolds. Should they fall through then we could make some other arrangements. Having said that there is one awesome track here in Montgomery. I know that I could get it for a reasonable price and it hooks. We run many 10.5 Outlaw shootouts here and both Warren and Kurt Johnson have done testing and tuning here. It is in the middle of town so everything is close by. It is a 1/4 mile track. If anyone is interested in making his happen get in touch with me and we can get busy on it. I believe that adding a Buick vs. the World Shootout and a V8 class in addition to TSM and TSO would help support this event. There are plenty of very quick cars here. I believe that we would have a great turnout and have the means to advertise it a good bit. Any and all input is welcome.

Jim C.

I am in favor of keeping this a "southern" race. Economics will surely help dictate what happens, but we need to get ahead of the curve and have it planned out soon. I like the idea of letting the V8 cars in and the shootout! Although it would not be exclusively buicks, it would bring up car count and add some excitement.

Let's rent Hub City and have a southern Buick event. We already know what it would cost. Us southern boys have to drive up north for EVERY buick race. Why not have the last TSM points race there?

I don't disagree, but it would be hard to get a good count as far south as we are. We should know something soon as far as making plans, but I think it's certain that there will be a southern point series event this year.

The Buick community NEEDS a southern event. If they wanna make the points, they'll show up just like Jason did.

When I went to Reynolds in 07, seemed like most of the people that were there were from the southeast.

I spent a couple hours on the phone over this yesterday. Holly and I are going to do what is necessary to keep this event happening. I need to make a couple more calls today and we should have it all sorted out. Stay tuned...