You can type here any text you want

rich or lean???gen7

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

emtcee1973

i have a gen7(still tuning) on a small block chevy(NA)...i get a pop out of my exhaust when i romp on it....i thought that a pop out the exhaust meant that its lean but my lm1 is reading 12.8:1 afr....anyone have any thoughts???any help would be appreciated....
mike

as far as i know a intake pop is lean and and exh pop could be a misfire from a rich condition. You may want to look into using an accel 300+ box and a #140019 coil, this coil is cd specific and you don;t want to get a shock from this baby! POssible bad wire also?

thanks norbs....so then its probably too rich in my case???i guess i really need to pull my plugs again...
mike

12.8 a/f is not overly rich 10:1 is overly rich, you have some other problem. How do the plugs all look?

i will pull them tomorrow and take a look...maybe i can post a picture of them and you can have a look...maybe you see something i don't...
thanks,mike

here are pics of my plugs...i only took pictures of 2 but they all look the same...
mike

Your pics never made it??? :confused:

i know for some reason i can't upload them...never happened to me before....do you mind if i send them directly to u right now???
mike

Attachments

• sparkplug1.JPG
    sparkplug1.JPG
    85.8 KB · Views: 63
  • sparkplug2.JPG
    sparkplug2.JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 62
  • sparkplug3.JPG
    sparkplug3.JPG
    80 KB · Views: 65
They don't look rich to me? do you have this backfire on a datalog? :confused:

sorry i haven't replied,i have been busy...i can't seem to get a log of this...everytime i try to log it the motor doesn't want to pop...always works that way :rolleyes: ...i added more fuel in my ve table it seemed to help,maybe that was the problem???anyway thanks for the help norbs....if i can get it on a log i will post it....
mike

Back