You can type here any text you want

ride

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbo buicks

ESADAH!!!
anyone going to the bradenton event sat/sun, if you have a BB turbo i would like a ride in the car. i need to see the spool b4 i buy one. could someone plz help a buick brother out?

anyone with a PT88 or larger, i'd like a ride as well..

:eek:

:D

Ball Bearing turbos are way under rated ;)

Now an 88 or larger turbo.. only up to a 101.. now thats a turbo.. I wont be too picky..

Originally posted by turbo buicks
julio, what are you talking about? hahah. get your motor done yet?

Whats the big deal bout a ball bearing turbo. Dont need one to run 11's :D Or 10's for the matter :eek:

Its done.. already up to 24 PSI on saturday nite... more pressure to come. Just need to keep it together for Sunday.

sounds good, does it feel faster? the deal with the BB is i can get one as cheap as a std bearing and wont need as big of a converter. makes it a little more street friendly.

Feels really slow.. like a 14 second car :D

Where the little flag waving

you mean the BS flag? we'll see.....:D

btw, what u think i could get for my alky kit? it still works.

The only real difference you're going to see with a ball bearing turbo over a normal turbo is drivability. The most common example is cruising on the highway, letting off the gas(throttlebody closes, air rushes back through intake), then rolling back on the gas to pass someone. In this scenario, the ball bearing will have the advantage in spool-up. However, if this was your only concern, simply buy a BOV for a lot less, and you will get the same quick spool-up when rolling on the throttle after you let off.

-DC

actually i talked to a guy who used a BB 70 q-trim .81 hsg. with a 32-3500 stall converter(cant remember) on a 3.8 and he said with 1 psi on the footbrake it would spool to 25 in .5 sec when launched. doesnt a 70 call for like a 4200 stall with a std bearing?

Won't be there in sunny FLA

Just spend the $99 for SouthWest airlines and fly down. You won't be sorry.

Think of it as a mini BG/GS Nats.:D

Originally posted by turbo buicks

btw, what u think i could get for my alky kit? it still works.

Sorry my dealership no longer takes in "other" makes :eek: for fear of issues arising beyond my control. Your best bet, self advertise it or Ebay.

Originally posted by jsta6
I run 25 PSI every day on my REAL daily driver...:D

Well if you run 25 PSI then your car must be faster than mine :D

I'll go next year when they change the rules. :cool:

Ball Bearing turbos are great went from a 62 to a 70 with same stall. :)

70 spools better too, with less part throttle and letoff noise.

Talk to Jack Cotton about them he'll be down there.

Originally posted by salvageV6
I'll go next year when they change the rules. :cool:

Bock Bock Bock

Dont bring a butter knife to a gun fight :eek:

hehehe

:D

Back