You can type here any text you want

Rim fitmet... Mini tub/Notch/halfback HELP!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

El Corvino

Hey guys. I was sent here from ElCaminoCentral.com. They said you guys would be more helpful so I'll throw something at you!

I have a 1984 El Camino (G-body) and it currently has a Grand National rear end with 3.73's. It is paired up with a Vette 383 with just over 600 HP and a built 40L6E transmission with a 3200 stall.

I bought a custom pair of 5 spoke iforged rims for my car... 19x8 front and 20x10 rear. They were for my 2007 vette (5x120 and +59 MM offset). With adapters I think I was going to be able to stuff 28/35/20's but I was hoping to fit 305's or 315's.

What would I have to do to take my 20x10 with the 2007 Z06 specs and fit it in there with no adapters? The car will be beat on every now and then but is mostly a show car, I have thought of cutting off the frame that supports the rear of the truck bed since nothing will EVER be back there.

My question is, what would be the best way to fit this rim in there with that meaty tire. The only reason why I don't want to spend the money to half back the car is because it will NEVER be at the track. I have shaved door handles and can't go, plus I refuse to put a roll cage in there so I'll just get kicked out anyways. haha

I have heard notching, mini tubing, tubular something... ect. I would like to be as price efficient as possible because racing is not that big of a deal to me. I am changing to after market suspension in the back if that makes a difference.

Also, I live in Fort Lauderdale Florida so if anyone on here lives down here and wants to maybe dig into this with me let me know.

Not sure if this will help but...

I called iforge and they said the rear rim is 20x10 with a +65mm offset. I am not sure how to convert that? Just MM to inches? If so its 2.5591"

The tires below were the closest I could find to a radial (my friends have these on their vettes) They don't last long but this car is no daily driver.

I wanted to run a BF Goodrich KDW NT2 tire 295/40ZR20. The Section Width on Measuring Rim Width is 12 on 10 and the overall diameter is 29.5"

This is a tad bit wider than the 285/30ZR20 but the Section Width on Measuring Rim Width is 11.5 on 10.5 and the overall diameter is 26.7"

Back