You can type here any text you want

rings

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

nu2gn

fasteddie
i want to install my new piston rings, but the first top two piston rings look identical in size. the only two differences i see is that there is one that has a dot on it, and the other one has a smooth/shinny finish on the ring area that contacts the cylinder, can someone tell me which goes where?

thank you sir. since i am also doing a cam, new rings and main and rod bearings, which oil should i use. first time doing a gn engine.

i like 10-40 for these motors but my suggestion is to put the cheapest 10*30 to 20*50 in for like break in then drain it with new filter and add "your good" oil to run

cant go wrong with synthetics either like mobile one

pistons are in, im doing the heads now. are they both interchangeable?, don't know which one goes on the right,

they are inter changeable but you might look at how the brackets go on for any studs or plugged holes you might have for your l/r situation ?

one last thing, i bought new valve springs from full throttle, do i need to install them with the outside cage. the ones i took out have a cage around the springs.

Back