RIP Dan Weldon

Pretty nasty crash, could tell from the reactions of the drivers that there was not going to be a good outcome. Poor guy wins Indy 500 this year by a bit of luck and now dies by being in the wrong place during a chain reaction wreck. Sad day. Sort of reminds me when Dale Earnhardt died.

Was watching it and called my uncle who was there...he said he was actually looking at them at that moment....something he will never forget.
I think he died before they even air lifted him because of all the kaos but waited to get him to the hospital so they wouldnt need a coroner at the track because the time of death has been not released yet.

SAD SAD DAY!!!

Sad day

It has been a very sad day.
My heartfelt condolences go out to Dan's wife Susie, his sons Sebastian and Oliver, and his extended race family.
One track announcer said it best when he said "Daniel never met a fan, he only met friends."
He was a gentleman who expressed a positive attitude.

He will be missed!

Wheldon was my favorite driver and was truly a gem in that sport. To leave behind a wife and two young sons is so sad. It sounds like they will have plenty of support from all those that have cared for Dan and his family. He was just one of those guys who made people happier simply by being around.

Saw the crash replay on Sportscenter this AM. Horrible.
I haven't really followed the Indy Cars in years, but as stated, he was a great ambassador for the sport, and will be missed on and off track.
R.I.P.