RJC Boost Controller

I didn't see an answer to the question about using the RJC with or without the stock Y. Opinions?
I was told to eliminate that,then place it in a safe place. Then it's one hose to the waste gate an one to the turbo. An hold on.!

Curious if anyone uses an RJC type valve along with the stock solenoid?

I have one of the BSTC electronic controllers along with dual stock solenoids. This setup controls boost well and gives me a wide range of adjustment while not tightening the actuator rod too much.

Just wondering if this would help spool noticeably, by placing the valve between the Y, and the actuator? And still using the current solenoid setup to adjust maximum boost? I have acquired all the parts to build a grainger valve setup, just wondering if anyone has experience with this type of setup, and if its worth the effort to use it.

Been about a month after I installed the controller. Boost is a steady 16 psi per my VDO gauge with no creep. It also eliminated lag. The initial boost lag I was experiencing was because the rod was set for 15-16 psi and at that length the wastegate was open slightly all the time and was bleeding off boost when I would kick it initially. Now the lag is nonexistent. I am very happy with my results using only the RJC controller. Just follow the instructions and enjoy.

I have a stock 87' GN (set at 15psi). I popped in my RJC boost controller without closing it off to minimal boost, gunned it, and saw 20psi before I realized I was about to destroy my engine when I saw 15 knock on my scan master. I almost pooped, vomited, and cried on myself at the same time just thinking about the damage I could have done. Be very careful with this thing.