You can type here any text you want

RJC Engine Brace?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87-WE2

Back in business!!
Anyone use this on their TB? It LOOKS like a good idea to me, but I wonder how stout the thing is. I'm thinking about doing an engine tie down strap, but I'm not real fond of the way a hunk of chain looks under the engine bay welded to the frame.

This thing looks to be like a real clean and slick way to do the same thing.

Anybody have one that loves it? Hates it?

I got one but haven't installed it yet. I also got hrparts motor mounts the chain / tiedown is a bad idea it will break your alternator bracket

I really like all of their products but I'm not real sure if I myself would want to use this one. No saying it will but I wouldn't want to stress the bolting area that it mounts to (the block & trans case). Why not just use good engine mounts?

I installed mine yesterday.........The piece is excellent as everything is from RJC. I could understand the stress possible with the bolts, but I feel more comfortable with the stress there instead of the accessory bracket. I have seen first hand tha carnage they can cause so I opted for the RJC brace. Perhaps Jason will chime in on this........................

I got one but haven't installed it yet. I also got hrparts motor mounts the chain / tiedown is a bad idea it will break your alternator bracket

If you have HR mounts why would you ever need one of these?? There are cars going FAST with HR mounts.

If you have HR mounts why would you ever need one of these?? There are cars going FAST with HR mounts.

Agreed. If you have the HR mounts you're good to go, the brace I believe is for the guy who just has the one mount.

Back