You can type here any text you want

rjc headgasket torque

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Bobs rare 6

What torque are you running on rjc shims with studs? I am running 75# and have a leak on #3 cyl. Also seeping up through bottom stud by #3. Seeping through threads and out of top of nut. Would it be worth re-torque to 85# and try sealant tabs? It seems to leak under boost after I over reved her in 1st when I accidently pulled column shifter into 1 from 2nd on launch at track. OOPS! Just a thought before I pull dr. side head-------again! Thanks, Bob.

Jason told me 85lbs with a retorque after the heating cycle.

Why don't you just leave it in D and race?

What torque are you running on rjc shims with studs? I am running 75# and have a leak on #3 cyl. Also seeping up through bottom stud by #3. Seeping through threads and out of top of nut. Would it be worth re-torque to 85# and try sealant tabs? It seems to leak under boost after I over reved her in 1st when I accidently pulled column shifter into 1 from 2nd on launch at track. OOPS! Just a thought before I pull dr. side head-------again! Thanks, Bob.

Hey Bob- After talking with you last night I think you should give that a try. I would really try retorqueing the heads and a couple of sealant tabs. I mean give it a shot at least before you pull the head. Keep me posted on the outcome. I hope that works! :biggrin:

Hey Jason, talked to rjc today. He said torque to 85 and 90 on 2 center top bolts. He said that should work. Later, Bob.

Sounds good Bob! Keep me posted. I did swing by BW's and pick up my new 60lb injectors.:D

Back