You can type here any text you want

RJC Headgaskets with ARP bolts

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

cork

Is it okay to use ARP bolts (not studs) with the RJC headgasket ? I have the bolts but will purchase the studs if they are necessary.

Been running that stuff for 4 years with no problems. I did re-tourque after a 100 miles or so.

I use the 12 point bolts with great success. Always re-torque

I've been debating what head gaskets/bolts to buy also. I'm tuning in to see what I can learn.

It looks to me that RJC is using an origional GM gasket but adhereing it by using a special glue/sealant. The picture on their website even shows the head gaskets in GM packaging. Does that glue/sealant make the factory gasket that much better?

The origional GM headgasket worked fine for the first 19 years of my cars life. Now I'm redoing the motor and adding a bigger turbo. As long as I stay away from detonation will GM origionals work again or will the increased giddie-up increase the demands on my headgaskets past what they were designed for?

Sorry if I'm stealing your thread

Eric

I've been debating what head gaskets/bolts to buy also. I'm tuning in to see what I can learn.

It looks to me that RJC is using an origional GM gasket but adhereing it by using a special glue/sealant. The picture on their website even shows the head gaskets in GM packaging. Does that glue/sealant make the factory gasket that much better?

The origional GM headgasket worked fine for the first 19 years of my cars life. Now I'm redoing the motor and adding a bigger turbo. As long as I stay away from detonation will GM origionals work again or will the increased giddie-up increase the demands on my headgaskets past what they were designed for?

Sorry if I'm stealing your thread

Eric

GM & Victor Reinz (who made the GM) is all I use & I have a 67 Turbo with a Q trim & run 26 lbs boost No problems.

Back