Roll call!!!! Reynolds!!!!

jdsgnx

Just so we all know what event REYNOLDS!!!!

Dates are set!!!

Who's IN!!!

1. JD
2. Don Cruz
3.?
4.?
5.?

Southern Buick Shootout - "North vs South" APRIL 22nd & 23rd

Southern Buick Shootout
NORTH vs SOUTH
APRIL 22nd & 23rd, 2011

Silver Dollar Raceway
Reynolds, Georgia

Friday: Gates Open at 9 am and Race til 10 pm
Saturday: Gates Open at 8 am and Event Finishes Approx. 5 pm

BIG CLASS PAYOUTS!!! Turbo Classes, Index Classes & even Bracket Racing!! Something for everyone!!
:)

COME ON GUYS!!!!

Sure hope we can make this EVENT GROW!!!!!!!!!!!!

JD

5/22/11 Silver Dollar

I plan on being at silver dollar raceway for another Great Time! Ed

I might try to make this but the flight is going to absolutely kill me as far as $$$ goes. It's expensive to fly into Macon.

Don't fly into Macon. Fly into Atlanta. It's about 2 hours away and much, much cheaper.

Can anyone tell me what time the festivities start on Friday? I am looking at flying in on Friday around noon to Atlanta, then driving to Reynolds, but I don't know if this is a good idea or not. What time on Friday do I need to be there by, so I don't miss the good stuff?

Most people stay at the Day's Inn located in Fort Valley. T&T usually starts around 11:00 Friday and we should be racing well into the nught.

Thank you Cal. I am eyeballing this trying to figure out if it is going to happen or not, looks like I can get a flight, hotel, and rental car for around $600 if I fly through Atlanta and not Macon. I would get into Atlanta around 1pm and possibly to Reynolds by mid/early afternoon so that should be good to go as far as watching the races.

I've never been to this event, how does it compare to, say Ford vs. Buick in Oklahoma? Is it mostly Buicks or all types of cars can race?

Thank you Cal. I am eyeballing this trying to figure out if it is going to happen or not, looks like I can get a flight, hotel, and rental car for around $600 if I fly through Atlanta and not Macon. I would get into Atlanta around 1pm and possibly to Reynolds by mid/early afternoon so that should be good to go as far as watching the races.

I've never been to this event, how does it compare to, say Ford vs. Buick in Oklahoma? Is it mostly Buicks or all types of cars can race?

It is IMHO much more fun that Bowling Green........ and on a much smaller scale...... there usually will be several vendors there...... but mostly it is racing and alot of people camp at the track....... we have done both (camping at track and staying in the hotel) .... I love camping at the track.... Alot of direct interaction with the racers is what is so cool about Reynolds.

There will be mostly Buicks.... but will be a few that come from the local racers that could bring anything. The atmosphere there is like none other..... track is nice..... and records usually fall at Reynolds. I would expect this to be the case at this event this year as well.....

I went in 2003... i'm really going to try to make it this year :biggrin:
i've been missing this stuff

It is IMHO much more fun that Bowling Green........ and on a much smaller scale...... there usually will be several vendors there...... but mostly it is racing and alot of people camp at the track....... we have done both (camping at track and staying in the hotel) .... I love camping at the track.... Alot of direct interaction with the racers is what is so cool about Reynolds.

There will be mostly Buicks.... but will be a few that come from the local racers that could bring anything. The atmosphere there is like none other..... track is nice..... and records usually fall at Reynolds. I would expect this to be the case at this event this year as well.....

This year in April looks like perfect weather for racing. The Payouts are looking LARGE and more people camping out at the track to enjoy the campfire bench racing ;) Plus there is always a Cookout!!!

This year Friday Night will have LATE Racing available, as they will open the gates to the locals for some fun Grudge matches!!! Saturday will also include some Really fast Motorcycles to join us (only about 10-15 total) but fun to watch!!!

Hope you can all make it to Our Southern Buick Shootout.....you won't want to miss the RECORD BREAKING Passes!!! :biggrin:

I went in 2003... i'm really going to try to make it this year :biggrin:
i've been missing this stuff

Wes,
You have been missing ALOT. Since Hartline Performance took over this event (2009), we have made it a PAYOUT event for EVERY CLASS!!! Not just come race for fun......It is Come WIN SOME MONEY!!!

We have the Turbo Classes (TSO/TSM/THS/TSL/TSR/QUICK 8), Index Classes and Bracket Class!!! The Index & Bracket Classes are OPEN to EVERY MAKE & MODEL!!! So there is a Class for EVERYONE!!! So tell you Mustang, Camaro, Corvette, Dodge, etc....Buddies to show up and Race!!!

never been

Never been but hopefully Crouch motorsports can make the trip this year. Will there be a 6.90 Indx class? Thanks Terry