You can type here any text you want

roller cam newbie

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

pajo

I am a newbie with roller cams so I have a question.I have a comp cam with weber hardware including ,torrington bearing,washer,timing chain ,spacer and gear.When all the hardware minus the gear is on the cam I have 7/32" clearance to install the gear and it seems that is not enough.The gear it self to be installed fully on the cam shaft it needs 23/64's.Am i the only one or this is common issue ..

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 327
  • Picture 04.jpg
    Picture 04.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 318
normal

All I needed to know if this is normal or not .?

I have no experience with Weber's setup but that also looks like Precisions which I do have experience with. From what I see and I do not have one handy to measure, but it looks like the recess in the cam sensor drive gear needs to be recessed more. If there is a washer that fits in the recess--the end of cam needs to be a few thousands short of touching the washer (.005)When I first used that setup I thought the material left after recessing would not be enough but not the case. Hope this helps.

Or someone has cut the cam short. It needs to be short enough so that the bolt will JAM all the componts tight. There was a thread once where someone spun the key because the cam stuck out into the gear. The key DOES NOT hold all these pieces in place only a locator, the end bolt jams them all together same as your crank bolt.

Looks normal, here are pix from mine...

Attachments

• P0000599.jpg
    P0000599.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 208
  • P0000510.jpg
    P0000510.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 220
off the subject sorry but how much was the roller setup
i am really looking it to a roller setup and kind of lost on where to start

set up

"Looks normal, here are pix from mine...
Attached Images
That looks like what I have but can you do me a favor and measure the end of the shaft without the gear and tell me what you have ..

off the subject sorry but how much was the roller setup
i am really looking it to a roller setup and kind of lost on where to start
Hey Procharge that is called highjacking but to get some prices going look in to FULL THROTTLE SPEED - All Brands ..

"Looks normal, here are pix from mine...
Attached Images
That looks like what I have but can you do me a favor and measure the end of the shaft without the gear and tell me what you have...

Not without a teardown ,those pix are from 8 years ago!

pic's

No problem -went to Weber's yesterday just to be sure and they confirmed that is all fine. thanks anyhow ..:cool:

Back