Roller cam question


New Member
Oct 15, 2006
besides the roller cam and lifters, is there any additional components need to convert from a flat tappet? Does this conversion require different rocker arms, r/a shafts or pushrods? Any machine work on the block needed? Or is it a staight swap?

Thanks in advance for the info.
Besides the cam and lifters you will need to change push rods and valve springs. A lot of the vendors can supply kits with everything you will need.
A polymer cam sensor gear from BOP engineering is a real good idea too.