You can type here any text you want

Roller cam users....

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

streetknight

DCVING
Just wondering what rocker arms you are using and what ratio? What other provisions have to be made to the engine for it to work?

Is there a difference between Ductile roller and billet roller?

Thanks

I’m running a comp cams roller kit. The rockers are Harland Sharpe (stock ratio) 1.55 i believe. I had to grind the pedestals that the rails mount on a bit for clearance. Easy to do though with a tape, plastic sheeting and a dremel tool.

Mike

Just wondering what rocker arms you are using and what ratio? What other provisions have to be made to the engine for it to work?

Is there a difference between Ductile roller and billet roller?

Thanks

The difference is ductile style are a roughed out forging, and billet is a solid bar that is totally machined. Ductile forgings are just ground on the lobe tops and bearing surfaces. In between the lobes, it is still really rough. On a billet, it will look more finished everywhere. No difference in performance,that depends on the specs. Billets are becoming more common because of the CNC machining process. The material can be removed very quickly as to years ago, the more material that was roughed out, the quicker the finished product was ready for market.

Thanks
Coach

Back