You can type here any text you want

Roller lifter position?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GSTOY

Ok I know the bar has to be on the outside facing the lifters, but after cleaning and pumping up my roller lifters, one side is stationary and the other has the slide on the bar. Does it make a difference?

In the first picture the slide part is to the left, and the bar is outwards like it would be pointed towards the lifters. In the second picture, the slide part is on the right.

Steve

Attachments

• slider left.JPG
    slider left.JPG
    28.2 KB · Views: 213
  • slider right.jpg
    slider right.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 207
Chuck's right,
Doesn't make an difference as long as they can slide. GOOD luck with those piece of crap Comp. lifters. If you end up with cicky-clacky, ticking, tapping.sticking. freezing up, full of junk. rough bores lifters. I highly suggest you buy the new Morels.

Chuck's right,
Doesn't make an difference as long as they can slide. GOOD luck with those piece of crap Comp. lifters. If you end up with cicky-clacky, ticking, tapping.sticking. freezing up, full of junk. rough bores lifters. I highly suggest you buy the new Morels.

From all the posts I agree but mine are very quiet???? Got them from TA & then cleaned, oiled & tested them & actually I am surprised how quiet they are after about 30 secs to maybe 1 minute run time. One was sticking out of the box but the thinners fixed that. At start up they do make noise tho? I expected some but then they work well after 1 min & I can live with that. I have heard some that are noisy & I dont think I could put up with them. Mine sound like GM lifters. :)

I'm rolling the dice in hopes of these being quiet. I've cleaned them and used my oiling can to pump them up, instead of just letting them sit in oil. I also think that some people just stick them in and don't measure if they have the right pre-load, which would make them noisy...IMO, but we will see very shortly. I'm waiting on my balencer to get here sometime this week so I can fire this new motor off.

I think the lifter noise problem is all a matter of opinion. Whats too loud to some may be just fine to others. I run the 885's & to me my motor sounds like an industrial sewing machine. I have no reason to complain about the way they sound. Others may think it's loud??? Mine sound the same all the time also-cold startup, warm & after a run down the track, no difference.

John

if roller lifter noise is too much for you, buy a Honda, or leave your motor stock.......oh yeah, you can also trade your car in right now, for $4500 bucks.:cool:

Back