You can type here any text you want

Roller Rocker and Cam Valve Setting

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jpratt

Roller T&D, roller cam. Setting valves

Just past TDC compression stroke. Tighten till pushrod just has resistance, then go ¼ turn. Is this correct?

"TDC on #1 adjust the following valves,

Exhaust 1 - 5- 6
Intake 1- 2 - 3

Next turn crank over 1 revolution, and adjust the following valves,

Exhaust 2 - 3 - 4
Intake 4 - 5- 6

1/4 turn equals .0125
1/2 turn eqauls .025
3/4 turn equals .037
1 turn equals .050

Tighten until you cannot spin the push rod with your fingers than tighten a 1/4 to 1/2 turn past zero lash.."

That is what I was looking for. Thank you very much for the link.

"TDC on #1 adjust the following valves,

Exhaust 1 - 5- 6
Intake 1- 2 - 3

Next turn crank over 1 revolution, and adjust the following valves,

Exhaust 2 - 3 - 4
Intake 4 - 5- 6

1/4 turn equals .0125
1/2 turn eqauls .025
3/4 turn equals .037
1 turn equals .050

Tighten until you cannot spin the push rod with your fingers than tighten a 1/4 to 1/2 turn past zero lash.."

That is what I was looking for. Thank you very much for the link.

I not starting an argument but, that sounds kinda tight... If you go to where you can't spin the pushrod anymore, you will have a bunch of preload on the lifter already. I think it should be tighten the rocker until you feel a slight drag on the pushrod "which will be zero lash" and then do your preload. For a hydraulic roller cam, isn't it 1/2 to 1 turn after zero lash? I'm pretty sure that's what Comp Cams told me. I would check with your cam manufacturer. Just my .02 :)

I also agree about spinning the pushrod...not the best way IMO...I just turn the adjusting screw until the pushrod won't go up and down...basically just taking the slack out...then go 3/4 turn...as stated that would be .037 preload...been doing it that way for years and my motor is very quiet compared to others I've heard with hydraulic rollers...1/3 turn is only .016 preload...I would go minimum 1/2 turn which is .025 preload...

Back