You can type here any text you want

Roller Rocker arms

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

89ICBM

Hi All,

Just a quick note to let everyone know that my TTA is now equiped with roller rockers with no modifications to the heads. In the process of installing them I also found out why I blew a head gasket. Before I put my coil pack back on I decided to check the ignition module, good thing, it was gue! Before the gasket went I was having some really strange symptoms on my scan master. I would be driving and all of a sudden I would start picking up knock retard, it would just jump all over the place and I would'nt even be in the boost. I changed the knock sensor thinking it was bad and the condition did clear up, for a while. It started again and this time I noticed that the knock numbers were changing with the o2's at the same time, weird. Evidently, the module was bad and was causing this problem I was seeing on the scan master. I just couldn't figure out why the motor leaned out, now I know.

Roller Rockers sound good. What kind did you install ? Part number, what did you need to do to get them on the engine???
Thanx - Turbota.

Originally posted by turbota
Roller Rockers sound good. What kind did you install ? Part number, what did you need to do to get them on the engine???
Thanx - Turbota.

Hi Turbota,

Sorry, but at this time, I'm not able to explain what we did. I responded to a thread 'roller rocker arms' on this forum a few months back explaining that Craig Gallant of GTP (Gallant Technical Performance) and I were working on a roller rocker kit for the TTA to be marketed. What I have on my car is the proto type for this project. The kit will be marketed by GTP which, by the way, I am not affiliated with as an employee so I'm not trying to make a sales pitch on this forum, I just had an opportunity to improve my motor at a minimum expense and come up with something that has not been made available for our cars, I then passed the word on that it was being done. When I took the prototype home to install I agreed not to pass on what we did but, I can tell you that you will be able to install this with out removing the intake and you will be able to use the stock castle nuts, gromets and washers. Also, the rockers I am using will not be the same as what will be in the kit. If you are interested in the kit or would like to ask some more questions, give Craig a call at 713-266-1320.

Thanx for the feedback on the roller rockers. I am interested in a kit and will give Craig a call as soon as I can. Sounds like a nice addition to an already great car. Thanx again, Turbota.

Originally posted by turbota
Thanx for the feedback on the roller rockers. I am interested in a kit and will give Craig a call as soon as I can. Sounds like a nice addition to an already great car. Thanx again, Turbota.

Hi Turbota,

You are most welcome. Being this is a technical forum for sharing knowledge, I didn't want to offend anyone by not explaing how we did this set up. As I recall, you were one of the people that responded to my original post which actually was a reply. My input into this project was to supply a TTA block and my heads for the mock up along with my stock cam and a 206/206 cam. No matter what Craig tells you about how much work he did, don't believe eam, I did most of the work and measuering. :) Well, mainly because it was going on my car 1st. HA! Give him a call and chat with him a while, I think you will find it entertaining.

Back